Location Zöllmersdorf (DE)
Dates Construction 1890-1915 - Renovation 2018 (ongoing)
Project team Mathilde Gudefin & Salomé Wackernagel · M S Studio, Ingenieurbüro S. Vanselow
This former farmhouse located in the South of Berlin, in the region of Brandenbourg is made of three different buildings: the main house (100m2), an old cowshed and the former piggery.
The house substance is a mix of different time periods, with bearing walls from 1890 and 1915. Also, a later renovation from the 1970's made us want to restructure the composition with a clear architectural gesture, and natural materials & colours that respect the history of the place, as well as its vernacular character.
The first step of the renovation touches the main building, with a recomposition of the intimate spaces and the wet areas. A main living room with a double height will be created, connecting the indoor core to the outdoor.